Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ready to go.

Three over 70s are ready to start the Coast to Coast walk across UK. Colin is somewhere between Thailand and UK, Don leaves US for Manchester tomorrow and I leave for London then by train to Liverpool (to stay with sister) on Saturday.

 Hopefully we will all meet up in St Bees on the west coast at about 2 p.m. on Monday to start our 200 mile trip.
For me it will be my third trip of a walk I enjoy, for the others it will be a new experience.

The training is hopefully completed, just the carbo loading to go and a few full English breakfasts will accomplish that.
Monday will just be a simple 5 miles around the headland to Sandwith with a bus back to St Bees and out again Tuesday when the hard slog begins.
The last time I did the walk (east to west) was 6 years ago - a significant time at our age so it will be interesting to see if I still have the energy to average 14 miles a day for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment